Wednesday 23 November 2011

Skin Cancer Causes

Skin cancer is the most common of human cancers. Some form of skin cancer is diagnosed in more than 1 million people in the usa each year.

Cancer occurs when normal cells undergo a transformation during which they grow and multiply without normal controls.

As the cells multiply, they form full of called a tumor. Tumors of the skin are often referred to as lesions. 

Skin-cancer-causes1

Tumors are cancerous only when they are malignant. Which means that they encroach on and invade neighboring tissues due to their uncontrolled growth. 

Tumors may also travel to remote organs via the bloodstream or lymphatic system. 

This process of invading and spreading to other organs is called metastasis. 

Tumorsoverwhelm surrounding tissues by invading their space and using the oxygen and nutrients they have to survive and function.

Skin cancers are of three major types: basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), and melanoma.

Most skin cancers are BCCs or SCCs. While malignant, these are unlikely to spread with other parts of the body. They might be locally disfiguring if not treated early. 

A small but significant number of skin cancers are malignant melanomas. Malignant melanoma is a highly aggressive cancer that has a tendency to spread to other parts of the body. These cancers may be fatal if not treated early.

Like many cancers, skin cancers causes start as precancerous lesions. These precancerous lesions are changes in skin that are not cancer but tend to become cancer with time. Medical professionals often make reference to these changes as dysplasia. Some specific dysplastic changes that exist in skin allergies are as follows:

Actinic keratosis is a patch of red or brown, scaly, rough skin, which can develop into squamous cell carcinoma. 

A nevus is really a mole, and dysplastic nevi are abnormal moles. It may develop into melanoma with time.

Moles (nevi) are simply growths around the skin. They are very common. Not many moles become cancer.

Most people have 10-40 moles on their body. 

Moles could be flat or raised; some begin as flat and become raised over time. 

The surface is usually smooth. 

Moles are round or oval and no bigger than ¼-inch across. 

Moles are usually pink, tan, brown, or even the same color because the skin. Other colors are occasionally noted. 

An individual's moles usually look virtually alike. A mole that appears different from the others ought to be examined by your health-care provider.

Dysplastic nevi are not cancer, but they may become cancer.

People with dysplastic nevi often have a lot of them, perhaps as many as 100 or more. 

Individuals with many dysplastic nevi are more likely to develop melanoma, either within an existing nevus or with an area of normal skin.

Dysplastic nevi are usually irregular in shape, with notched or fading borders. 

Dysplastic nevi may be flat or raised, and the top may be smooth or rough ("pebbly"). 

Dysplastic nevi are often large, ¼-inch across as well as larger. 

Dysplastic nevi are typically of mixed color, including pink, red, tan, and brown.

Recent reports demonstrate that the number of skin cancer cases in the United States is growing at an alarming rate. Fortunately, increased awareness for Americans and their health-care providers has resulted in earlier diagnosis and improved outcomes.

2 comments:

  1. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    ศัลยกรรม

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness i am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He send me his herbnal medicines through Courier servcie and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete